This recipe is embarrassingly simple. It’s like I’m cheating when I make it. If you don’t feel like cooking, make this. All you need is a cutting board, a bowl, and a pie pan. And a box of Bisquick. There. I admitted it.
Here’s the simple formula. You need 1 1/2 cups of cooked meat with 1 1/4 cups of shredded cheese. I prefer ham and Swiss cheese, but you can easily substitute your favorite meat and cheese combination like ground beef and cheddar, cubed chicken and jack, and so on.
Grab your ingredients. Dice up some ham. Shred some cheese. Chop up some some onion. Throw this in a pie plate.
In a bowl, mix up your Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Pour this into the pie pan.
I’m blushing as I write this. This is barely cooking.
Stick it in the oven at 400F for about 35 minutes until barely browned. And that’s it.
This doesn’t sound very exciting, but sometimes you just want to use what you have in your pantry and call it done. Did I mention it’s delicious and you will make this over and over again?
Ham and Cheese Pie
- 1 1/2 cups ham steak diced
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup red onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese, and onions in the pie plate
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, salt, pepper, and eggs until blended. Pour into the pie plate.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes.